We believe in the inherent
dignity of all people.
Around the world, too many people are excluded from the political, economic and cultural decisions that shape their lives as a result of deep-rooted inequality. Challenging that inequality is at the center of everything we do. We invest in individuals, ideas and institutions who are working to build a more just and fair future for all.
- Ford spearheads a philanthropy pledge with 700+ foundations to support nonprofits with flexible funding
- Ford launches $75-million NYC COVID-19 Response & Impact Fund
- Ford joins forces to raise $20 million to support low-wage workers impacted by pandemic
- All Ford offices around the world remain closed until further notice
- The Ford Foundation Gallery in New York is closed until further notice
The Response & Vision Fund launches today to support community-led and civil society organizations, workers’ rights groups and social movements that work with those most impacted by the economic fallout of Covid-19.
Working people in the global South have been devastated by the economic fallout from COVID-19. This piece in the Chronicle of Philanthropy explores how funders joined forced to launch the Response and Vision Fund to advance a global economy that benefits all people and the planet.
The Ford Foundation announced the pricing and sale of a $1 billion Social Bond, the net proceeds of which will help support and strengthen nonprofit organizations hit hard by COVID-19 pandemic. This Social Bond is the first-ever such offering by a U.S. nonprofit foundation in the taxable corporate bond market.
The fund will provide much needed capital to emerging impact businesses that lack access to adequate affordable capital and expand racial and gender diversity in the community development field.