Higher Education for Social Justice
He JinSenior Program Officer Beijing
He Jin serves as acting representative for the foundation's Beijing office. His grant making focuses on access and equity issues in education, which includes supporting grassroots activities that explore innovative approaches to improving opportunity for disadvantaged students from poor and minority regions.
Before joining the Ford Foundation in 2001, He Jin was the sector coordinator for human development at the World Bank Resident Mission in Beijing, responsible for education, health and social protection projects. Prior to that, he was the assistant resident representative of the United Nations Development Program in Beijing, taking charge of social and rural development projects.
He Jin obtained his Ph.D. in education from Stanford University, and then worked as a researcher at the World Bank in Washington, D.C., for five years before going to China to undertake development work. Earlier, he received both his master's degree in American studies and his bachelor's degree in English literature from Beijing Foreign Studies University.
Issues and Initiatives
He Jin is a member of the following initiative teams:
|Educational Opportunity and Scholarship|
- Jeannie Oakes Director New York
- Moushira Elgeziri Program Officer Cairo
- Noha El-Mikawy Representative Cairo
- Nilcéa Freire Representative Rio de Janeiro
- He Jin Senior Program Officer Beijing
- Nazeema Mohamed Program Officer Johannesburg
- Luis Fernando Pérez Program Officer Santiago
- Douglas Wood Program Officer New York